Wednesday, October 18, 2006

slacker... well, sorta...

My wife injured herself in a car collision so I haven't had much computer time, let alone blogging time.

The collision wasn't a big one but the airbag in her steering wheel broke her left arm. Since she's left-handed, it's made things very difficult for her. Plus she's temporarily without wheels... not that she could drive her car since it's a standard so she would need both arms.

Anyway, I'm working double-duty at home as chef, chauffeur, chief bottle washer and chambermaid all while holding a full-time job and trying to keep up with two kids. More fun than anyone should have!!

I've got scratch notes for part II of my evolution of political views but it needs work which means time which means...

-Mac

6 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

oh man so sorry to hear about your wife Mac!!!

Send her our best wishes and you better take care of her MISTER lol

3:39 PM  
Blogger Mac said...

She's not a very good patient but who is? Luckily, I'm fairly well domesticated and I've threatened the kids with dire consequences if they don't help around the house. So far, so good.

I've played the naughty nurse for my wife a number of times over the years. When she had surgery on her foot (rebuilding & reattaching a tendon) I pushed her about in a wheelchair for six weeks. Mucho fun.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Mac said...

Almost four weeks and her arm isn't healing well. She's still not driving because she can't depend on her left arm to steer. It's official: I'm tired of carrying double-duty. She'd better heal up soon... :(

10:31 PM  
Blogger Mac said...

An update: Mrs. Mac's vegetarian diet was not providing sufficient calcium which inhibited her healing. As soon as she began taking calcium supplements, her arm began to heal. She's finally able to drive although she's very cautious because any twisting of her wrist still hurts like crazy.

My supervisor at work went on a training course and left me in charge. As luck would have it, all hell broke loose... twice at least. That being said, I've had it worse. A year and a half ago (or so) I was left in charge and had two of my coworkers leave for family emergencies and two more booked off sick, leaving a very scant few in the office. Luckily, things weren't insanely busy at that time. Any wonder why I don't like being left in charge?

7:09 PM  
Blogger Mac said...

Hmmm, I just tried to post onto another blog who have the new 'beta-blogger' software and didn't like my password. Quick test here at home to see if it works...

12:48 PM  
Blogger Mac said...

Damn Google anyways... I had to convert to beta.blogger which meant allowing Google to plant their evil cookies on my computer. Bill Gates never succeeded in controlling the Internet but I'd say Google is well positioned to do exactly that. Damn.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home